E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > How to remove lower rear window trim on e92

07-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

How to remove lower rear window trim on e92

Hi everyone, I did a thorough search on this forum for instruction on how to take out the window trim that goes between the top trim and the door trim on running along the bottom of the rear quater window, but only have 1 result that is somewhat helpful.

I need to have this replaced becuase I found multiple dents running along that strip =( the part is 49 from tischer so its not too bad but i don't want to damage anything else trying to swap it out myself. (I had a mpowered do it last time when I did a complete trim swap with a friend)

it is labeled as number 3 in the diagram from realoem.
I have searched and apparently one member says all it takes is to slide them forward. I don't know if I have to take off the top trim first before I can slide them forward. I hvn't tried just yet because my car is in the body shop =(

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
SukSqueezeBangBlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFu View Post
Hi everyone, I did a thorough search on this forum for instruction on how to take out the window trim that goes between the top trim and the door trim on running along the bottom of the rear quater window, but only have 1 result that is somewhat helpful.

I need to have this replaced becuase I found multiple dents running along that strip =( the part is 49 from tischer so its not too bad but i don't want to damage anything else trying to swap it out myself. (I had a mpowered do it last time when I did a complete trim swap with a friend)

it is labeled as number 3 in the diagram from realoem.
I have searched and apparently one member says all it takes is to slide them forward. I don't know if I have to take off the top trim first before I can slide them forward. I hvn't tried just yet because my car is in the body shop =(

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Did you ever figure this out ? Thanks
Appreciate 0