E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > help needed: gp thunder 8500k plasma v2

10-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i X-Drive

help needed: gp thunder 8500k plasma v2

so i just got them today.
so i walk to my car, excited, open the hood with the diy guide on my iphone.
i open the hood and look at the diy. i look for the same place the pic says.
took a while till i realized that the tiny "hole" was the place for it. then i opened the "hole" and man, they are tiny. i can't even fit my fingers in them.
anyways, i opened it, and i can't seem to figure out which one is for my gp thunder to fit in. there are a lot of wires and stuff, but i can clearly see the lights and stuff, but i can't find the thing to replace with gp thunder. if you could guide me with simple pics and stuff, it'll be helpful =)

* i've read a lot of e92 guides and stuff, but i can't seem to find the diy guide for e90 LCI with xenon headlights.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
ibiza21
Tiesto
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2016 M4  [0.00]
      10-26-2010, 03:36 AM   #3
AKbmw
Brigadier General
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiza21 View Post
thats for the older models, not the LCI op if your is the LCI your cap is not where it shows in that video. its beind the light youll see a circle peice that you can twist and it will come off. look BEHIND the light and you will see what im saying.
      10-26-2010, 04:55 AM   #4
gaifaun
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i LCI

Garage List
I did a review with an install guide a while back for LCI models. I'm too lazy to find the link.

anyways look behind the headlights when you pop the hood and you can see a "finned" circular cover. twist it and the black cover will come out. Don't be intimidated by the wiring and all the components in the headlight housing. the H8 angel eye bulb is clearly visible inside. it looks rectangular, has lettering on it that says "phillips", is black with a strip of yellow. you lock your fingers onto that and twist; clockwise if you are on the driver's side, counter clockwise if you are doing the passenger side.

hope that helps.
      10-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiza21 View Post
i've already seen this one =) but it's still e92.. so it's a little different. thanks tho =)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #6
JKim89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaifaun View Post
I did a review with an install guide a while back for LCI models. I'm too lazy to find the link.

anyways look behind the headlights when you pop the hood and you can see a "finned" circular cover. twist it and the black cover will come out. Don't be intimidated by the wiring and all the components in the headlight housing. the H8 angel eye bulb is clearly visible inside. it looks rectangular, has lettering on it that says "phillips", is black with a strip of yellow. you lock your fingers onto that and twist; clockwise if you are on the driver's side, counter clockwise if you are doing the passenger side.

hope that helps.
i've seen your guide. it's at
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415710
it's helpful =) hopefully i can get it done by today or something. but gota say, the hole is TINY!! haha i don't know how you managed to do it =X
Appreciate 0