E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Where would you buy an E90M3 front bumper to replace your cruddy non M bumper?

12-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 330i 6MT TiAg

Where would you buy an E90M3 front bumper to replace your cruddy non M bumper?

Does anyone on here know of or have researched the best place to get an M3 style front bumper? (including fog lights, black mesh grill, and mounting hardware? Preferably pre-painted.

My front bumper on my 06 330i is pretty thrashed and rather than get a re-spray it would be a good time to upgrade to an M3 sedan bumper. The previous owner bumped a pole in a parking garage and its never looked the same since I've bought it.

Also, who on here has installed an M3 bumper on a non M 3-series? How hard of a process? Any fabricating required?? I've taken off and installed a new bumper on an e46, so I have a little experience.

I'm trying to find the best price but at the same avoid a piece of junk ebay bumper that doesn't fit right.

Anybody care to offer?

Thanks,
-Will

Last edited by Suckr4Straight6s; 12-13-2010 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Toying with the same idea. Install/removal looks to be quite straight forward so I am sure I can do it (spring time project).
http://www.billswebspace.com/e92FrontBumperRemoval.htm
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
I think the BMW Performance front bumper would look much better than the M bumper because it has OEM fit, finish and design.

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/gros...202892845.html
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Jlevi sells ///M3 front bumpers.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
eBay sells the same bumpers sold by vendors hear for around $350 + shipping.

This seller looks legit. Watch the shipping though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E90-M...Q5fAccessories

Sorry, vendors.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
B3AST
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: with a huge grin (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post
I think the BMW Performance front bumper would look much better than the M bumper because it has OEM fit, finish and design.

BMW performance cover FTW!! Much cleaner than the M cover....
      12-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post

That is really nice. But my car is an '06 so it is pre face-lift. So I don't know if I could install that kind on my car. Maybe someone can answer that??

I personally love the way the M bumper looks. I've seen pictures of it installed on several titanium silver non M e9X's I think it looks pretty clean.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
Toying with the same idea. Install/removal looks to be quite straight forward so I am sure I can do it (spring time project).
http://www.billswebspace.com/e92FrontBumperRemoval.htm
Thanks man, this is a great DIY to reference. I'll refer to this if and when the time comes. 92 vs e90 can't be that much different.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
chenx15
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i/accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbake View Post
Jlevi sells ///M3 front bumpers.
base on what i read, they are the best one to contact when you want this type of bumpers
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
base on what i read, they are the best one to contact when you want this type of bumpers
Ok, so it sounds like Jlevisw could be a safe bet. Has anyone on here purchased one personally from them and care to share your experience? (i.e. fit and finish) I ask cause if I'm gonna shell out this much cash, I want to make sure im getting a good quality product.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
You and I have the same dilemma. However, I was thinking of doing an lci conversion for the front bumper. I have an 07 e90, and if you want to have the good looks of the new M-Sport bumper and still have the fogs, have a look at the new M-Sport below:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298181

What I plan to do is purchase the lci hood and lci M-Sport front end, which would require new kidney grills to match. I won't have to change my headlights, so it will be essentially a straight bolt on with a few modifications on alignment.

So, an lci hood and front bumper is really all I would need to not only upgrade the look, but update the car! A hybrid pre-lci/lci car. The new M-Sport looks so much better than the pre-lci M-Tech bumper. Besides, I plan to keep my car for as long as I can, so I don't mind modding the front end.

Best of all, the new pieces are all OEM, so there's no issue between fit and finish!

Good luck on your decision! I've made mine. LOL

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
You and I have the same dilemma. However, I was thinking of doing an lci conversion for the front bumper. I have an 07 e90, and if you want to have the good looks of the new M-Sport bumper and still have the fogs, have a look at the new M-Sport below:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298181

What I plan to do is purchase the lci hood and lci M-Sport front end, which would require new kidney grills to match. I won't have to change my headlights, so it will be essentially a straight bolt on with a few modifications on alignment.

So, an lci hood and front bumper is really all I would need to not only upgrade the look, but update the car! A hybrid pre-lci/lci car. The new M-Sport looks so much better than the pre-lci M-Tech bumper. Besides, I plan to keep my car for as long as I can, so I don't mind modding the front end.

Best of all, the new pieces are all OEM, so there's no issue between fit and finish!

Good luck on your decision! I've made mine. LOL

Wow man, I really like it. Very clean and proportional. I might just consider this given that my hood unfortunately has a lot of rock chips.

Have you ran some numbers or priced out the entire list of parts for the conversion? And do you know the part #'s?

And you're saying that the pre LCI headlights would not need to be changed? Just the bumper, hood and kidneys? I could have sworn they were differently shaped.

Also, who would purchase your parts from? I really like the idea of using all OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
flip4335
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckr4Straight6s View Post
Wow man, I really like it. Very clean and proportional. I might just consider this given that my hood unfortunately has a lot of rock chips.

Have you ran some numbers or priced out the entire list of parts for the conversion? And do you know the part #'s?

And you're saying that the pre LCI headlights would not need to be changed? Just the bumper, hood and kidneys? I could have sworn they were differently shaped.

Also, who would purchase your parts from? I really like the idea of using all OEM parts.
Haven't priced them out, but the best place to buy for me is Tischer BMW:

http://www.getbmwparts.com/

It's a dealer near me that usually sells OEM at 25-35% discount. They're all over the forums, so it would be easy to contact them and ask. Evan is who I talk to.

OBTW, if you were wondering what the BMW performance front end looks like, check out this site:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=pakman+lci

Pakman installed the performance bumper and it fits the pre-lci, so you don't have to change the kidney grills. You do lose the fogs, but in their place are great vents to cool your oil cooler.

At any rate, I digress. Go to Tischer's site and they will list the parts and prices. You will really like the prices, especially! I will do the same.

Alignment should be the same. Only thing you need to buy are the new grills, bumper and hood. Remember, the lci was just a cosmetic update.

Cheers!

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #14
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah Tischer, I know them. I bought a valve cover gasket from them about a year ago.

So from what it looks like, Pakman didn't replace his hood either. So in theory i guess you could install the LCI bumper without have to change anything?

Also, do you happen to know if by removing the fog lights whether it will set off a sensor and shoot up a light on the instrument cluster?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #15
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Oh and just to clarify,

The "M-sport bumper" (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298181) is different than Pakmans "BMW performance bumper", right? (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=pakman+lci)

PAK's is ok but I personally much prefer the one in your first link. That said, the bumper in the first link on the white e90 does require changing the kidneys and hood?

Sorry if it sounds like im rambling here or for any reiteration, I'm just trying to clarify.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Ok, so it sounds like Jlevisw could be a safe bet. Has anyone on here purchased one personally from them and care to share your experience? (i.e. fit and finish) I ask cause if I'm gonna shell out this much cash, I want to make sure im getting a good quality product.
Ours are a guaranteed fit and finish but definitely do a search for Jlevi M3 Bumper to see the reviews
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Ours are a guaranteed fit and finish but definitely do a search for Jlevi M3 Bumper to see the reviews
Ok awesome, will do. What city are you guys located in?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

nevermind, its right on your profile. I'm not far from Santa Clara. If I wanted to just pick up a bumper at your business is that something we can arrange?

Also, do your E90 M3 front bumpers come painted?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
flip4335
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh and just to clarify,

The "M-sport bumper" (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298181) is different than Pakmans "BMW performance bumper", right? (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=pakman+lci)

PAK's is ok but I personally much prefer the one in your first link. That said, the bumper in the first link on the white e90 does require changing the kidneys and hood?

Sorry if it sounds like im rambling here or for any reiteration, I'm just trying to clarify.
M-Sport bumper, which is OEM, is different from BMW Performance bumper, in that they have the perf bumper available for both pre-lci and lci, so you only have to change the bumper.

While M3 bumper is nice, you are putting on an aftermarket part. Real M3 bumper has the same grills as e92.

M-Sport bumper for the lci requires a conversion from the pre-lci, including hood, bumper and grills. Fit and finish are guaranteed.

hmmmm....which would I rather choose.....?

Ultimately, it's your decision. Whatever you do, it will look nice! Good luck with your choice!

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #20
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
nevermind, its right on your profile. I'm not far from Santa Clara. If I wanted to just pick up a bumper at your business is that something we can arrange?

Also, do your E90 M3 front bumpers come painted?
We do offer local pick up and paint options so give us a call to arrange.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #21
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
M-Sport bumper, which is OEM, is different from BMW Performance bumper, in that they have the perf bumper available for both pre-lci and lci, so you only have to change the bumper.

While M3 bumper is nice, you are putting on an aftermarket part. Real M3 bumper has the same grills as e92.

M-Sport bumper for the lci requires a conversion from the pre-lci, including hood, bumper and grills. Fit and finish are guaranteed.

hmmmm....which would I rather choose.....?

Ultimately, it's your decision. Whatever you do, it will look nice! Good luck with your choice!
Oh ok, now it all makes sense. Awesome man, thanks for the info. I think I may have to stretch this project out, buy part by part and go ith the M-Sport bumper.

Last edited by Suckr4Straight6s; 12-15-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #22
Suckr4Straight6s
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
We do offer local pick up and paint options so give us a call to arrange.
I am going to do a little more research on which bumper to go with (probably not until the spring)

If i decide to go with the M3 frotn bumper, I know who to call.
Appreciate 0