E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How is 'BMW Assist' Registration & Activation done?

06-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

How is 'BMW Assist' Registration & Activation done?

Hi All

Included in my order was the free of charge 6 month subscription to BMW Assist.

Does anyone know how this is activated? I downloaded and printed out the BMW Assist application form from the BMW UK web site and took it with me when I collected the car. The dealer said that I did not need to send in the form as I should receive notification by post from BMW UK for the Assist option to be setup.

Is this correct? Anyone else receive notification by post from BMW or did you have to send in the form yourself in order to get it activated?

Many thanks;

LRS

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
thearchitect
Rep
Drives: E92 325i SE - Monaco Blue

I downloaded and filled in the form, then faxed it to the number on it - far too impatient to wait for the post!

The next day, I got in the car and it was just setup and working (in the vehicle ID details it had changed from just chassis # to colour and reg.) - there was no need to "activate" it or anything, although I don't know if this is always the case..

had the car a month now, and not had anything in the post

hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

thearchitect

Many thanks;

Faxed the form to BMW today.

In my vehicle ID section it lists a Telematics number. Is this the same screen that you are referring to where the chassis # is or am I looking in another place?

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
thearchitect
Rep

yup - that's the last part of your chassis #, or at least it was on mine
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Called BMW Assist today and they said that it would be activated a few hours latter.

Ran the Enable Service option in iDrive as instructed, which then displayed a communication status bar download which finished with the activation completion in a couple of minutes.

Now all the selectable information options are available. As well as the Telematics ###### chassis number, it now also indicates the cars colour and number plate reg number. Is there any kind of detailed brochure or customer user guide for using the service?

Now I just need to think of something useful to ask for!

Any good suggestions?!

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Does the UK version of BMW Assist provide the services below from the US version:

- Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- Remote Door Unlock
- TeleService

The Remote Door Unlock & Stolen Vehicle Recovery sound very useful.

LRS

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
thearchitect
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Called BMW Assist today and they said that it would Now I just need to think of something useful to ask for!

Any good suggestions?!
The brochure actually suggests asking for the nearest petrol station

You'll get a confirmation letter and brochure in a few weeks, it highlights (vaguely) what the service offers.

As for the features -

- Stolen Vehicle Recovery - No
- Remote Door Unlock - Not to my knowledge
- TeleService - Yes
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Has anyone logged into www.bmw-assist.co.uk and used some of the facilities there?
The route finder is good but unfortunately it cannot sms the details to the car. I think the Germans can do this.
The SMS feature is also useful as it means I can now send messages to ROI mobiles for free
Appreciate 0