E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Modbargins Wtf???

05-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Modbargins Wtf???

Hey guys

Have any of you tried or succeeded in buying anything from http://www.**********s.com/. The shipping and payment method for Canadian orders is insane ! IMO really completely unnecessary... I probably won’t buy anything from this company just because of this. They must be losing out on a ton of business just because of how hard they have made for International orders. I have never seen such a process for buying items in the states since I started modifying my vehicles!

Have any of the other members here bought anything from them?

Thanks
Daniel
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
alexhjs
The Muscle Milk.
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubla_d View Post
Hey guys

Have any of you tried or succeeded in buying anything from http://www.**********s.com/. The shipping and payment method for Canadian orders is insane ! IMO really completely unnecessary... I probably won’t buy anything from this company just because of this. They must be losing out on a ton of business just because of how hard they have made for International orders. I have never seen such a process for buying items in the states since I started modifying my vehicles!

Have any of the other members here bought anything from them?

Thanks
Daniel
What do you mean the shipping and payment method is insane? Isn't it just a credit card transaction?

From what I remember.. I purchased many sets of bulbs and minor accessories from them a year ago.. wasn't too bad and everything came fine.. Transaction didn't have any hassle.. Just a CC transaction and done.. Have they changed certain things about it?

Hopefully you're not having too much of a problem.. What are you trying to purchase from them? Maybe you should PM Alan at **********s or try to see if he can help you out seperately on the phone or something..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
AP2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: P100D

I think **********s only take wire transfer for international orders now as they no longer accept foreign credit cards. Spoke to them last week and that's what I was told.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Phantom 335i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I ordered wheels from them, I agree the payment process and everything is a little unneeded. I have looked at buying other items from them but to have to go to the bank do a wife transfer, it is simplier and easier to buy from another vender.

My problem came with there shipping method as my wheels were held in Vancouver and the transport compant would not bring them to edmonton for me to clear customs and i couldn't clear customs with them in Vancouver and me in edmonton. So me and the transit company that had then went back and forth. aventualy they just got there brokerage company to call me and they ate the brokerage fees.

Would I deal again, well Alan was awesome to deal with and was very happy with the product but with the payment and shipping I dont know.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
alexhjs
The Muscle Milk.
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Wow.. wire transfers? That's some hardcore stuff.. Sorry OP.. I didn't know they changed it around like that.. Maybe you're better off purchasing from other vendors..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
e90-328i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i RWD!

i was looking into geting wheels from them, and it was wire transfer, shipped to airport and pick them up from there etc. too much hassle to save a few bucks, oem concepts had close to same price in the end and kept the money in canada (well quebec, close enough)
plus i did have alittle issue with one wheel, and rick corrected it in 1 day. try that coming from cali!
      05-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Not sure if you're referring to wire transfer issue. Just last month I ordered a product on my Canadian Credit Card, shipped to a US address. Alan told me I need to complete the authorization form which included giving pictures of the front and back of my credit card and an id (e.g. drivers license). I thought that was too much, so I called my credit card company to let them know to authorize my shipping address in the US (i.e. add it to my account). I gave my credit card number and expiry to alan, he called CIBC, got the approval and processed the transaction. The only hassle was making the call to the bank but that's about it. IMO that in turn just protects you against any fraud.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Not sure if you're referring to wire transfer issue. Just last month I ordered a product on my Canadian Credit Card, shipped to a US address. Alan told me I need to complete the authorization form which included giving pictures of the front and back of my credit card and an id (e.g. drivers license). I thought that was too much, so I called my credit card company to let them know to authorize my shipping address in the US (i.e. add it to my account). I gave my credit card number and expiry to alan, he called CIBC, got the approval and processed the transaction. The only hassle was making the call to the bank but that's about it. IMO that in turn just protects you against any fraud.
Smart move, I would never want to photocopy the back and front of my card and send it out...too dangerous. You did it the smart way
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Alan told me I need to complete the authorization form which included giving pictures of the front and back of my credit card and an id (e.g. drivers license).
Thats crazy!!! Thats a recipe for fraud and identity theft
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Alan didn’t even give me that option (even though I would say hell no)! I just think that if a company is going to make it this hard to buy parts from them then they don’t really deserve my business! Seriously "wire transfer" and customs shipping verifications... What the hell is that about!!! Don’t get me started on a photocopy of my card information… that couldn’t be regular practice!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
abhishriv
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

mod bargains is a pretty well known and from what i've read a respected vendor on here. but yes i do agree that their payment method for us here in canada is the only thing that turned me away from purchasing from them. maybe they should consider using paypal? i would definitely deal with them if i could use that method pf payment.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubla_d View Post
Alan didn’t even give me that option (even though I would say hell no)! I just think that if a company is going to make it this hard to buy parts from them then they don’t really deserve my business! Seriously "wire transfer" and customs shipping verifications... What the hell is that about!!! Don’t get me started on a photocopy of my card information… that couldn’t be regular practice!
Yea, he didn't mention that to me either. But the authorization form that he provided had a note on the side that if I don't want to provide the information (i.e pictures), I can call my credit card company bla bla bla.

I don't know man, maybe the Company had some fraud issues in the past so they implemented these procedures.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
IMHO I didnt like the customer service. Everytime I asked a question about a product they tried to up sell and then it was a major hassle with the international shipping situation.

And on top of that I get an email back saying, I don't want to waste your time or you mine so please read the international blah blah and be certain that you are serious about buying a product.

Who the F*** says that to a potential customer. Sorry, but I'll never buy from there. Big X in my books.

Exactly why I went to Jeff at topgearsolutions and have also purchased with Mike @n54tuning and Steve at bimmian.

Keep those sales in Canada boys! They do the same
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #14
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

they (or some corrupt employee within the org.) copied my credit card a couple of yrs ago - was a pain in the ass dealing with them
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
The thing is that if you ask them to ship your order within the US, its not an international sale anymore; so they can accept the CC.

I'Ve been considering doing business with them in the future, but the risk was too high. (I needed a full bumper and skirt kit) So I ended up buying local for a 3 day delivery and paid only $200 more (that my insurance covered in the end anyway).

So yeah; its sad and their policy is not tempting. Too bad for them!

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 335i View Post
I ordered wheels from them, I agree the payment process and everything is a little unneeded. I have looked at buying other items from them but to have to go to the bank do a wife transfer, it is simplier and easier to buy from another vender.
Uhhh whut?

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is why you got to buy your wheels from OEMconcept. We ship from within Canada and you'll never have any of these hassles with us. Give us a call, you won't be disappointed!

and a little something to make you laugh on Friday!

http://yR9423APZ7uK.break.com/dnet/m...b8595ecc_1.mp4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
The thing is that if you ask them to ship your order within the US, its not an international sale anymore; so they can accept the CC.

I'Ve been considering doing business with them in the future, but the risk was too high. (I needed a full bumper and skirt kit) So I ended up buying local for a 3 day delivery and paid only $200 more (that my insurance covered in the end anyway).

So yeah; its sad and their policy is not tempting. Too bad for them!
quite sure shipping to the us won't work with a canadian cc. I tried this when they had the black friday deals. The want a us card with us billing address.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
quite sure shipping to the us won't work with a canadian cc. I tried this when they had the black friday deals. The want a us card with us billing address.
Canadian Card with a US shipping address does work. But they need a lot of info to authorize
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Canadian Card with a US shipping address does work. But they need a lot of info to authorize
True...or you can use a US Credit Card with a Canadian Address and a US shipping address. Try RBC Banking for Canadians. I have a US credit card but its linked to both a US and Canadian address.

To be clear, the US credit card is not foreign to the US. It is actually through whats left of RBC USA banking operations. RBC USA now only caters to Canadians who are in the US. They sold their US customer base to PNC Bank.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
Calbee
Rep
Drives: B8 A4

i dont drive a bimmer but its the same thing for everyone i guess.

i really hate that they won't let canadians pay with paypal/credit card, which i think is completely retarded even if i ship it to the border.

they only accept online cheques and such, which is why they lost a sale from me
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #22
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Its getting more and more difficult to purchase online with a canadian credit card. Ive asked a bunch of vendors why this is the case and i got the answer that its due to the fact that there's a huge amount of credit card fraud coming from Canada, more specifically Quebec, and apparently this has given us Canadians a bad rep and an insane amount of difficulty purchasing online.
Appreciate 0