E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > lci to pre lci conversion?

09-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #23
kisho
Quiet till poked
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfb24 View Post
Did some research on this and yeah, looks like that is what I have. I know I can swap the angel eye rings but in order to get the inner headlights white instead of yellow do I need to upgrade them to xenons or do I need to get hid's, or either way works?

At this point I've pretty much decided I'll only be doing the hood and bumper, I guess the only concern I have left is will the pre lci fog lights be plug and play?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531107

For the fogs, I believe you'll need to swap the plug from the car H8-->H11. I could be wrong though. Either way, it's really simple and cheap to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #24
Shawnalston10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmJunky View Post
I found a handful of threads about converting from pre lci to lci but nothing on doing the opposite. Is this possible? I personally like the pre lci front end better and would like to do it to my car, I'd imagine its possible by replacing the hood, bumper headlights, and maybe the fenders too, hoping someone can confirm this is doable.
Quote:
I found a handful of threads about converting from pre lci to lci but nothing on doing the opposite. Is this possible? I personally like the pre lci front end better and would like to do it to my car, I'd imagine its possible by replacing the hood, bumper headlights, and maybe the fenders too, hoping someone can confirm this is doable.
I know this is a very old thread but did you have any luck going from lci to pre-lci. I found a really nice bumper that fits pre lci that I want to buy and put on my lci 2011 335i coupe
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:47 PM   #25
EdmJunky
El Jefey
Rep
Drives: 09 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnalston10 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I know this is a very old thread but did you have any luck going from lci to pre-lci. I found a really nice bumper that fits pre lci that I want to buy and put on my lci 2011 335i coupe
I never went through with it but I did do research on it and basically you will need the whole front end for it to work (bumper, hood, fenders, headlights). The fenders I am not 100% if they do need to be replaced or not but if my memory serves me well I think so.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:58 AM   #26
TME9X
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i

Hi guys I saw you asking a while back about E92 Lci to pre lci conversion. I have literally been scouring everywhere and couldn’t find anything. From your research is it just a straight bolt on so,

For a E92 LCI I need to buy E92 Pre Lci hood, grill, front bumper, headlights and front side panels and is it just a straight bolt on fit or does it need fabrication?

I was planning on getting a LCI 335i and doing custom headlights (Pre LCI), M3 style front panels (pre Lci), custom front bumper for (pre lci). So the car is gonna be LCI but will look like a Pre Lci modified.
Appreciate 0