E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Few interior modifications - BMW 325i

05-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #23
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Well did my last modification inside the car today with replacement of the rear console cover with one that now provides an ash-tray (I know...YUK) and two power outlets (see pic). Reasonably easy to do so long as you are gentle and take your time. So far everything seems to work - fingers crossed. I have also ordered the phone cradle for my Nokia so be interesting to see how that improves the quality of the phone reception etc.??

Next project is the Alpine Hi-Fi upgrade, just waiting on the kit to arrive and then get Auto Classic to install for me.

This is the time to be doing these little modifications as with the exchange rate, the parts are sooooo much cheaper overseas than you would ever dream of paying from a Stealer here in Australia. The weird thing is it’s exactly the same part and it’s covered by BMW’s 2 year international warranty I am told. Cool or what

Thanks....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

No many people on here do interior mods, props on making your car more practical!

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #25
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

yeah, big fan of interior mods

what do you actually use the trunk/boot drawer for?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #26
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction View Post
yeah, big fan of interior mods

what do you actually use the trunk/boot drawer for?
At the moment a place to put my shoppping bags, jacket, car service book, first aid kit and BMW windscreen cover. Just gets those little crappy things out of the way and frees up the storage space under the floor of the boot.

It is a really handy unit and I am surprised it doesn't come standard on the car because it is so practicle. It is a little on the high side for cost and may be over engineered but I am really happy with it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for some extra storgae space without overly restricting your bnoot space.

I like it...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #27
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
At the moment a place to put my shoppping bags, jacket, car service book, first aid kit and BMW windscreen cover. Just gets those little crappy things out of the way and frees up the storage space under the floor of the boot.

It is a really handy unit and I am surprised it doesn't come standard on the car because it is so practicle. It is a little on the high side for cost and may be over engineered but I am really happy with it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for some extra storgae space without overly restricting your bnoot space.

I like it...
I want one but couldn't find one on the site for the E82. I need a spot for those smaller items.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

PERTHBMW - would you be able to post the part numbers and DIY links for the centre console rear cover job?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction View Post
PERTHBMW - would you be able to post the part numbers and DIY links for the centre console rear cover job?
Hi

No worries...I have attached a copy of the parts picture and the parts are as follows:

51-16-7-150-155 (3 in picture): Rear Cover (comes with two x cig sockets installed - 4 in picture)
51-16-7-135-141 (5 in picture): Stopper Plug-in Socket x 2
51-16-7-138-525 (10 in picture): Ashtray Rear

The there are a few threads on how to do this but the following will get you started. Double check with your Supplier that the part numbers align with yuor mdel car - these were for a 2010 325i e90. Let me know if you need any addtional help.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...r+power+outlet
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #30
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

thanks PerthBMW
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

seat backs with nets

would you mind telling we where exactly you got those setbacks? i have a 2011 328i sedan and i hate that i didn't come with the nets!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #32
gcbm
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 3.0i, e82 135i

Re Schmiedmann.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
The cheapest is from Schmiedmann.com with the drawer (#51-47-7-131-155) costing US$282.61 and you require two adapters (#51-47-6-956-665 LEFT and 51-47-6-956-666 RIGHT) and they are US$10.19 each. Shipping was about US$60 bring the total cost to about US$360. With the current exchange rate you get it even cheaper still!!!!

Below is a pic off their website of ther drawer.

Hope that helps
I'd be a bit weary about purchasing from Schmiedmann. Granted their prices and shipping costs are attractive but the customer service SUCKS. I purchased the e90 Alpine Hi Fi upgrade and door covers from them about 6 months ago. All arrived quickly but the two door covers were badly damaged. In the first instance they had damaged them by bending them at the warehouse to fit into the sub size carton. Then with the poor packaging DHL finished them off.

At first Schmiedmann 'appeared' to be trying to help with replacements but after some 20 odd emails (with very few replies) I just gave up as it was a lost cause. I know of a couple of other members that have had similar problems with them.

So if you deal with them and it all arrives ok great. If not then be prepared to be out of pocket having to buy replacments etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #33
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbm View Post
I'd be a bit weary about purchasing from Schmiedmann. Granted their prices and shipping costs are attractive but the customer service SUCKS. I purchased the e90 Alpine Hi Fi upgrade and door covers from them about 6 months ago. All arrived quickly but the two door covers were badly damaged. In the first instance they had damaged them by bending them at the warehouse to fit into the sub size carton. Then with the poor packaging DHL finished them off.

At first Schmiedmann 'appeared' to be trying to help with replacements but after some 20 odd emails (with very few replies) I just gave up as it was a lost cause. I know of a couple of other members that have had similar problems with them.

So if you deal with them and it all arrives ok great. If not then be prepared to be out of pocket having to buy replacments etc.
Hi

I would 200% agree with the obersrvations about Schmiedmann - do touch them with a barge pole if I was you. I had problems when I purchased a Alpine HI-FI upgrade kit and the tweeters came damaged. They lie and cheat and will not stand by the products they sell.

The seat backs can be purchased from Bm Mini parts very cheaply and good shipping costs - their address is www.bmminiparts.com....they are in the OK but the product arrived very well packaged and nice to deal with. They ship very quickly too.

Hope that helped...
Appreciate 0