E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 335i and e85

12-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #23
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ View Post
I think you're confusing "Tune" and "Flash". Obviously a "Flash" other than stock, is a tune as well.

The JB4 is also a tune, when you change maps, you are changing your tune but you are not changing your flash. You are manipulating timing, trims, boost, WGDC, and a variety of other things based on the map you choose.

Also, for some people, running 100% E85 becomes a matter of convenience or economics, although due to the fuel mileage economics isn't usually much of a reality.

The OP inquired about higher percentages of ethanol all the way up to 100%. Your point was that they didn't need to because in your experience there were no horsepower gains above E30. The OP didn't inquire about horsepower gains it was about ethanol percentages.
Yes, they are all stock JB4 tunes, you cannot change them The turbo is the huge limiting factor in the N55. I have been running E85 in modified turbo cars since 2001 and programmed my own standalone from scratch (no base map) so I am not new to this. The advertised octane for ethanol also does not correlate directly to gasoline octane. E98 gives performance very nearly as good as VP C16.

Nothing he can do is going to get the turbo to flow enough to need over E50. He also said he had a JB4 and there was no mention of him wanting to go to Cobb. As the 2nd post said, he can't run 100% E85 without major fuel modifications. Everything he asked for has been answered and I am not sure why this thread is still going on...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #24
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEE35i View Post
Hi All,

I have a JB4 V2 and the usual mods, TBE and intake..

Anyone else running an e85 blend?

I hear that I just need to buy the flex fuel plug from bms and its good to go e30 to e50 on map5 with jb4.

All my other cars have run straight e85 so I wouldn't mind going down that path either, anyone else running 100% e85? I would like to see some results before upgrading pump etc.
Do you have this cable yet?